증상을 발현한 자발성 단독성 내장동맥 박리에 대한 임상적 경험
Clinical Experience of Symptomatic Spontaneous Isolated Splanchnic Artery Dissection
Korean J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2013; 29(4): 128-132
Published online November 30, 2013
Copyright © The Korean Society for Vascular Surgery.
Purpose: Symptomatic spontaneous isolated splanchnic artery dissection (SSISAD) is a rare disease entity. The treatment guideline for SSISAD has not been established. Isolated dissection of splanchnic artery can be clinically asymptomatic or symptomatic. Symptomatic dissection is more important because it can indicate ischemia of abdominal organ. Methods: A retrospective study was conducted on 15 consecutive patients (mean age, 47.0 years; male, 87%) with SSISAD from January 2006 to July 2013. Each patient had acute onset abdominal pain and was diagnosed with SSISAD by abdominal-pelvic computed tomography. Results: Median follow-up duration was 14.5±27.7 months (range, 1 to 79 months). Splanchnic arterial dissection involved celiac artery in three patients and superior mesentery artery in 12 patients. Conservative management (including bowel rest, hypertension medication, anticoagulation, and prophylactic antibiotics) was done in 14 patients. Endovascular treatment with stent insertion was performed in one patient. We experienced favorable clinical outcomes with SSISAD, even though one case needed endovascular treatment. Conclusion: Conservative management and selective revascularization could be a treatment option in patients with SSISAD.
Dissection, Superior mesenteric artery, Celiac trunk, Splanchnic artery
- Bauersfeld SR. Dissecting aneurysm of the aorta: a presentation of 15 cases and a review of the recent literature. Ann Intern Med 1947;26:873-889.
- Margaret CF, Alden HH. Aorta. In: Townsend CM, Beauchamp RD, Evers BM, Mattox KL, editors. Sabiston textbook of surgery: the biological basis of modern surgical practice. 19th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 2012. p. 1697-1724.
- Yun WS, Kim YW, Park KB, Cho SK, Do YS, Lee KB, et al. Clinical and angiographic follow-up of spontaneous isolated superior mesenteric artery dissection. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2009;37:572-577.
- Min SI, Yoon KC, Min SK, Ahn SH, Jae HJ, Chung JW, et al. Current strategy for the treatment of symptomatic spontaneous isolated dissection of superior mesenteric artery. J Vasc Surg 2011;54:461-466.
- Choi JY, Kwon OJ. Approaches to the management of spontaneous isolated visceral artery dissection. Ann Vasc Surg 2013;27:750-757.
- Jung SC, Lee W, Park EA, Jae HJ, Chung JW, Park JH. Spontaneous dissection of the splanchnic arteries: CT findings, treatment, and outcome. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2013;200:219-225.
- Takayama T, Miyata T, Shirakawa M, Nagawa H. Isolated spontaneous dissection of the splanchnic arteries. J Vasc Surg 2008;48:329-333.
- Vignati PV, Welch JP, Ellison L, Cohen JL. Acute mesenteric ischemia caused by isolated superior mesenteric artery dissection. J Vasc Surg 1992;16:109-112.
- Ghuysen A, Meunier P, Van Damme H, Creemers E, D’orio V. Isolated spontaneous dissection of the superior mesenteric artery: a case report. Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 2008;57:238-242.
- Solis MM, Ranval TJ, McFarland DR, Eidt JF. Surgical treatment of superior mesenteric artery dissecting aneurysm and simultaneous celiac artery compression. Ann Vasc Surg 1993;7:457-462.
- Park YJ, Park CW, Park KB, Roh YN, Kim DI, Kim YW. Inference from clinical and fluid dynamic studies about underlying cause of spontaneous isolated superior mesenteric artery dissection. J Vasc Surg 2011;53:80-86.
- Wilson SK, Hutchins GM. Aortic dissecting aneurysms:causative factors in 204 subjects. Arch Pathol Lab Med 1982;106:175-180.
- Sakamoto I, Ogawa Y, Sueyoshi E, Fukui K, Murakami T, Uetani M. Imaging appearances and management of isolated spontaneous dissection of the superior mesenteric artery. Eur J Radiol 2007;64:103-110.
- Zerbib P, Perot C, Lambert M, Seblini M, Pruvot FR, Chambon JP. Management of isolated spontaneous dissection of superior mesenteric artery. Langenbecks Arch Surg 2010;395:437-443.
- Sisteron A, Vieville C. Aneurysmes des arteres a destine digestive: observations personnelles. In: Courbier R, editor. Chirurgie des arteriopathies digestives. Paris: Expansion Scientifique Francaise; 1975. p. 197-202.
- Davidovic LB, Markovic MD, Bjelovic MM, Svetkovic SD. Splanchnic artery aneurysms. Srp Arh Celok Lek 2006;134:283-289.
- Katsura M, Mototake H, Takara H, Matsushima K. Management of spontaneous isolated dissection of the superior mesenteric artery: case report and literature review. World J Emerg Surg 2011;6:16.
- Leung DA, Schneider E, Kubik-Huch R, Marincek B, Pfammatter T. Acute mesenteric ischemia caused by spontaneous isolated dissection of the superior mesenteric artery:treatment by percutaneous stent placement. Eur Radiol 2000;10:1916-1919.
- Sparks SR, Vasquez JC, Bergan JJ, Owens EL. Failure of nonoperative management of isolated superior mesenteric artery dissection. Ann Vasc Surg 2000;14:105-109.
- Cho BS, Lee MS, Lee MK, Choi YJ, Kim CN, Kang YJ, et al. Treatment guidelines for isolated dissection of the superior mesenteric artery based on follow-up CT findings. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2011;41:780-785.