신동맥하 복부대동맥류의 혈관 내 치료에서 혈관누출 발생에 영향을 미치는 인자
Factors Affecting the Endoleaks of Endovascular Aneurysm Repair in Infrarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
Korean J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2013; 29(2): 52-57
Published online May 31, 2013 https://doi.org/10.5758/kjves.2013.29.2.52
Copyright © The Korean Society for Vascular Surgery.
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to evaluate the factors affecting the endoleaks of endovascular aneurysm repairs in infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysms. Methods: On a retrospective basis, we analyzed 122 patients, who underwent endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) for infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm between March, 2006 and June, 2011. According to the endoleak, the patients were divided into 2 groups: endoleak group and non-endoleak group. We compared the following variables between the 2 groups: patient clinical characteristics (age, gender, body mass index, history of smoking, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and coronary artery disease) and anatomical features of the aneurysms. Results: A total of 111 male and 11 female patients were included. Fifty-two patients showed endoleak (42.6%) during follow-up periods (median: 4.6 years). There was no significant difference between endoleak and non-endoleak group according to patient's clinical characteristics and used devices. However, there were significant differences between two groups according to the anatomical features of the aneurysm, such as the morphology, size of the aneurysm, and the size and angle of the neck of the aneurysm. Conclusion: Endoleak indicated high frequency when the aneurysm size is large, and when the neck aneurysm is large, with the neck angle being more than 60 degrees. Thus, patients with more than one of the above three characteristics may need more attentive and cautious procedures as well as a closer follow-up.
Abdominal aortic aneurysm, Endovascular aneurysm repair, Endoleak
- Kim YW, Min SK, Koh YB, Kim SN, Park JS, Moon IS, et al. Report of nation-wide questionnaire survey for abdominal aortic aneurysm treatment in Korea. J Korean Soc Vasc Surg 2005;21:10-15.
- Parodi JC, Palmaz JC, Barone HD. Transfemoral intraluminal graft implantation for abdominal aortic aneurysms. Ann Vasc Surg 1991;5:491-499.
- Prinssen M, Verhoeven EL, Buth J, Cuypers PW, van Sambeek MR, Balm R, et al. A randomized trial comparing conventional and endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms. N Engl J Med 2004;351:1607-1618.
- Park YJ, Kim N, Kim YW. Investigation of current trend of AAA treatment in Korea. J Korean Surg Soc 2011;80:125130.
- Buth J, Laheij RJ. Early complications and endoleaks after endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: report of a multicenter study. J Vasc Surg 2000;31(1 Pt 1):134-146.
- Greenberg R, Green R. A clinical perspective on the management of endoleaks after abdominal aortic endovascular aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg 2000;31:836-837.
- White GH, May J, Waugh RC, Yu W. Type I and Type II endoleaks: a more useful classification for reporting results of endoluminal AAA repair. J Endovasc Surg 1998;5:189-191.
- White GH, May J, Waugh RC, Chaufour X, Yu W. Type III and type IV endoleak: toward a complete definition of blood flow in the sac after endoluminal AAA repair. J Endovasc Surg 1998;5:305-309.
- Veith FJ, Baum RA, Ohki T, Amor M, Adiseshiah M, Blankensteijn JD, et al. Nature and significance of endoleaks and endotension: summary of opinions expressed at an international conference. J Vasc Surg 2002;35:1029-1035.
- Zarins CK, White RA, Moll FL, Crabtree T, Bloch DA, Hodgson KJ, et al. The AneuRx stent graft: four-year results and worldwide experience 2000. J Vasc Surg 2001;33(2 Suppl):S135-S145.
- Moore WS, Brewster DC, Bernhard VM. Aorto-uni-iliac endograft for complex aortoiliac aneurysms compared with tube/bifurcation endografts: results of the EVT/Guidant trials. J Vasc Surg 2001;33(2 Suppl):S11-S20.
- Carpenter JP, Baum RA, Barker CF, Golden MA, Mitchell ME, Velazquez OC, et al. Impact of exclusion criteria on patient selection for endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg 2001;34:1050-1054.
- Elkouri S, Gloviczki P, McKusick MA, Panneton JM, Andrews JC, Bower TC, et al. Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms: initial experience with 100 consecutive patients. Mayo Clin Proc 2003;78:1234-1242.
- Moise MA, Woo EY, Velazquez OC, Fairman RM, Golden MA, Mitchell ME, et al. Barriers to endovascular aortic aneurysm repair: past experience and implications for future device development. Vasc Endovascular Surg 2006;40:197203.
- Harris PL, Vallabhaneni SR, Desgranges P, Becquemin JP, van Marrewijk C, Laheij RJ. Incidence and risk factors of late rupture, conversion, and death after endovascular repair of infrarenal aortic aneurysms: the EUROSTAR experience. European Collaborators on Stent/graft techniques for aortic aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg 2000;32:739-749.
- Jung HD, Lee YY, Lee SJ, Lim JH, Yim NY, Chang NK, et al. Outcomes and prognostic factors of endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in patients with hostile neck anatomy. J Korean Soc Radiol 2012;67:323-332.
- Buth J, Harris PL, van Marrewijk C, Fransen G. The significance and management of different types of endoleaks. Semin Vasc Surg 2003;16:95-102.
- Jones JE, Atkins MD, Brewster DC, Chung TK, Kwolek CJ, LaMuraglia GM, et al. Persistent type 2 endoleak after endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm is associated with adverse late outcomes. J Vasc Surg 2007;46:1-8.
- Bernhard VM, Mitchell RS, Matsumura JS, Brewster DC, Decker M, Lamparello P, et al. Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm after endovascular repair. J Vasc Surg 2002;35:1155-1162.