중증하지허혈을 동반한 당뇨 환자에서 역행적 발동맥접근술을 통한 전경골동맥의 스텐트삽입술: 1예
Anterior Tibial Artery Angioplasty and Stenting by Retrograde Pedal Artery Approach in Diabetic Patient with Critical Limb Ischemia: A Case Report
Korean J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2012; 28(4): 212-216
Published online November 30, 2012
Copyright © The Korean Society for Vascular Surgery.
Endovascular therapy of critical limb ischemia is indicated in high risk patients, especially the diabetics. The ipsilateral antegrade femoral approach is the most common access site. When this approach fails, the retrograde pedal artery percutaneous approach can be considered. A 51-year-old diabetic male patient was presented with severe rest pain and gangrene on his right 4th toe. Computed tomography angiography showed multilevel calcific arterial occlusive disease, involving the popliteal and proximal anterior tibial arteries. Below knee angioplasty and stenting of the right leg was done through ipsilateral antegrade femoral approach and retrograde pedal artery approach. The C-arm guided retrograde pedal approach for calcific artery was useful for recanalization of the occluded anterior tibial artery when antegrade approach failed.
Angioplasty, Stents, Tibial arteries, Diabetic foot, Peripheral arterial disease
- Aulivola B, Pomposelli FB. Dorsalis pedis, tarsal and plantar artery bypass. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 2004;45:203-212.
- Moon SM, Son MS, Lee KY, Lee SM, Koh SH, Hong SW, et al. Results of femoro-below knee PTFE bypass graft. J Korean Soc Vasc Surg 2004;20:52-57.
- Varty K, Bolia A, Naylor AR, Bell PR, London NJ. Infrapopliteal percutaneous transluminal angioplasty: a safe and successful procedure. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 1995;9:341-345.
- Rosales OR, Mathewkutty S, Gnaim C. Drug eluting stents for below the knee lesions in patients with critical limb ischemia:long-term follow-up. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2008;72:112115.
- Song JH, Lee SJ, Jung HD, Lim JH, Chang NK, Lee KB, et al. Infrapopliteal percutaneous transluminal balloon angioplasty:clinical results and influence factors. J Korean Soc Radiol 2011;65:217-228.
- Soder HK, Manninen HI, Jaakkola P, Matsi PJ, Rasanen HT, Kaukanen E, et al. Prospective trial of infrapopliteal artery balloon angioplasty for critical limb ischemia: angiographic and clinical results. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2000;11:1021-1031.
- Adam DJ, Beard JD, Cleveland T, Bell J, Bradbury AW, Forbes JF, et al. Bypass versus angioplasty in severe ischaemia of the leg (BASIL): multicentre, randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2005;366:1925-1934.
- Attinger CE, Evans KK, Bulan E, Blume P, Cooper P. Angiosomes of the foot and ankle and clinical implications for limb salvage: reconstruction, incisions, and revascularization. Plast Reconstr Surg 2006;117(7 Suppl):261S-293S.
- Iida O, Nanto S, Uematsu M, Ikeoka K, Okamoto S, Dohi T, et al. Importance of the angiosome concept for endovascular therapy in patients with critical limb ischemia. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2010;75:830-836.
- Manzi M, Cester G, Palena LM, Alek J, Candeo A, Ferraresi R. Vascular imaging of the foot: the first step toward endovascular recanalization. Radiographics 2011;31:1623-1636.
- Chew DK, Conte MS, Donaldson MC, Whittemore AD, Mannick JA, Belkin M. Autogenous composite vein bypass graft for infrainguinal arterial reconstruction. J Vasc Surg 2001;33:259-264.
- Norgren L, Hiatt WR, Dormandy JA, Nehler MR, Harris KA, Fowkes FG, et al. Inter-Society Consensus for the Management of Peripheral Arterial Disease (TASC II). J Vasc Surg 2007;45 Suppl S:S5-S67.
- Taylor GI, Palmer JH. The vascular territories (angiosomes) of the body: experimental study and clinical applications. Br J Plast Surg 1987;40:113-141.
- Faglia E, Clerici G, Clerissi J, Mantero M, Caminiti M, Quarantiello A, et al. When is a technically successful peripheral angioplasty effective in preventing above-the-ankle amputation in diabetic patients with critical limb ischaemia? Diabet Med 2007;24:823-829.
- Abdelsalam H, Markose G, Bolia A. Revascularization strategies in below the knee interventions. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 2008;49:187-191.
- Commeau P. Endovascular procedures for below the knee arteries in diabetics. Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 2008;57:352358.
- Awasthi A, Almanaseer Y, LaLonde T, Davis T. Percutaneous retrograde revascularization of lower extremity vessels by using the dorsalis pedis artery: two case reports. J Invasive Cardiol 2006;18:76-78.
- Spinosa DJ, Harthun NL, Bissonette EA, Cage D, Leung DA, Angle JF, et al. Subintimal arterial flossing with antegraderetrograde intervention (SAFARI) for subintimal recanalization to treat chronic critical limb ischemia. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2005;16:37-44.
- Fusaro M, Tashani A, Mollichelli N, Medda M, Inglese L, Biondi-Zoccai GG. Retrograde pedal artery access for belowtheknee percutaneous revascularisation. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 2007;8:216-218.