Instructions for Authors
Enacted Sep. 25, 1985 (ver. 1)
Lastly revised Sep. 5, 2023 (ver 15.4)
- General Information
- Research and Publication Ethics
- Manuscript Preparation
- Peer Review and Publication Process
- Article Processing Charge
- Copyright and Creative Commons License
- Open Access Policy
- Archiving Policy
Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int) is a peer-reviewed, open-access international journal published every quarter at the end of March, June, September, and December in printed version. In electronic version, each article is published online as soon as accepted for better accessibility. It includes original articles, review articles, case reports, technical notes, editorials, letters to the editor, invited commentaries, rapid communications, and images of vascular surgery in the field of vascular specialties. The journal is open to all research related to the peripheral vascular and lymphatic system, including vascular surgery, endovascular intervention, hybrid surgery, vascular medicine, angiology, basic research, diagnostic imaging, functional outcomes, and rehabilitation, among others.
Vasc Specialist Int adheres to the guidelines and best practices published by professional organizations, including the “Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals” (http://www.icmje.org/icmje-recommendations.pdf) by the ICMJE and the “Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing” (joint statement by the COPE, DOAJ, WAME, and OASPA; http://doaj.org/bestpractice). The journal reserves the right to reject any manuscripts that do not meet the standards for publication.
Submission to Vasc Specialist Int are done online via the web submission system for this journal (http://www.vsijournal.org/submission). Authors must first register before logging into the online system, and once logged in, the system will guide them through the submission process step-by-step. Once the uploading is completed, the system automatically generates an electronic (PDF) proof, which is then used for reviewing. All correspondence, including the editor’s decision and request for revisions, will be done via e-mail. For any questions and concerns regarding the submission process, please contact the editorial office.
Article Processing Charge
There are no author submission fees or other publication-related charges. All costs for the publication process are shouldered by the publisher. Authors may request additional reprints of their articles, in which case additional charges may be applied. The cost of colored figures for paper offprints will be shouldered by the authors.
Copyright and Creative Commons License
The corresponding author is required to download and sign the Author Submission Requirement Form on behalf of all authors. It includes a statement for the full transfer of copyright to the Korean Society for Vascular Surgery, and must be submitted along with the manuscript. As an open-access journal, copyrighted material from Vasc Specialist Int can be freely used according to the following conditions under the Creative Commons License:
- The person using Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int) Online may use, reproduce, disseminate, or display the open- access version of the content from this journal for non-commercial purposes.
- ANY USE of the open-access version of this journal in whole or in part must include customary bibliographic citations, including author and publisher attribution, date, article title, Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int), and the URL “http://www.vsijournal.org/,” and MUST include a copy of the copyright notice. If an original work is subsequently reproduced or disseminated not in its entirety (i.e., only in part or as a derivative work), this must be clearly indicated.
- Permission MUST be obtained from Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int; E-mail: email@example.com) prior to any commercial use of material from the openaccess version of the journal.
- - Reuse by a non-author/third party/other publisher of an article or articles in part or in whole in another publication (journal or book) to be sold for commercial purposes.
- - The proactive supply of multiple print or electronic copies of items taken from the journal to third parties on a systematic basis for marketing purposes.
- - Reuse by an author of an article in part or in whole in other publications for commercial organizations.
Open Access Policy
Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int) is an openaccess journal. Every paper published in the journal is available on its website (http://www.vsijournal.org/) for free. Articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited. Permission requests to the Vasc Specialist Int publisher need not be made for the use of its tables or figures in other periodicals, books, or media for scholarly or educational purposes. This is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative definition of open access. It also follows the open access policy of PubMed Central by the United States National Library of Medicine (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/).
The full text of Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int) has been archived in PubMed Central (PMC) since its first volume was published in 2014. According to the deposit policy (self-archiving policy) of Sherpa/Romeo (http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/), authors cannot archive pre-prints (i.e., pre-refereeing); however, they can archive post-prints (i.e., final draft postrefereeing). Authors can also archive the publisher’s version/PDF. Vasc Specialist Int provides electronic backups and preservation of access to the journal content in the event that a journal is no longer published by archiving in PubMed Central.
Editorial Office Contact Information
Vascular Specialist International
#1724, Yongsan Prugio Summit Officetel, 69 Hangang-daero, Yongsan-gu, Seoul 04378, Korea
Tel: +82-10-8717-2752, Fax: +82-2-6455-3770
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.vsijournal.org
Hyung-Kee Kim, M.D., Ph.D.
Rm 13608, Kyungpook National University Chilgok Hospital, 807, Hoguk-ro, Buk-gu, Daegu 41044, Korea
Tel: +82-53-200-5605, Fax: +82-53-421-0510
Recent Hot Keywords in VSI
What is Most Keyword?
- It is most registrated keyword in articles at this journal during for 2 years.
Most Popular Articles
Review | 2015-09-30Review | 2014-12-31
Original Article | 2022-03-21Editorial | 2022-03-31
Original Article | 2022-03-21Case Report | 2022-06-30