Instructions for Authors
- General Information
- Research and Publication Ethics
- Manuscript Preparation
- Peer Review and Publication Process
- Article Processing Charge
- Copyright and Creative Commons License
- Open Access Policy
- Archiving Policy
Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int) is a peer-reviewed open-access international journal published every quarter at the end of March, June, September, and December in both online and printed versions. It includes original research articles, review articles, case reports, and technical notes in the field of vascular specialties. The journal is open to all research related to the peripheral vasculature and lymphatic system, including vascular surgery, endovascular intervention, hybrid surgery, vascular medicine, angiology, basic research, diagnostic imaging, functional outcomes, and rehabilitation, among others
Vasc Specialist Int adheres completely to guidelines and best practices published by professional organizations, including Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals (http://www.icmje.org/icmje-recommendations.pdf) from ICMJE and Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing (joint statement by COPE, DOAJ, WAME, and OASPA; (http://doaj.org/bestpractice). The journal reserves the right to reject any manuscript that does not meet the standards for publication.
Submission to Vasc Specialist Int proceeds totally online via the web submission system for this journal (http://www.vsijournal.org/submission). You need to register before logging into the online system, and once logged in, the system will lead you through the submission process step-by-step. Once the uploading is done, the system automatically generates an electronic (PDF) proof, which is then used for reviewing. All correspondence, including the editor's decision and request for revisions, will be done by e-mail. If you have any difficulties with the submission process, please contact us at our Editorial Office.
Article Processing Charge
There are no author submission fees or other publication-related charges. All cost for the publication process is supported by the Publisher. Authors may request for additional reprints of their article, in which case additional charges may apply.
Copyright and Creative Commons License
The corresponding author is required to download and sign the Author Submission Requirement Form on behalf of all authors. It includes a statement for full transfer of copyright to The Korean Society for Vascular Surgery, and must be submitted at the time of submission. As an open access journal, copyrighted material from Vasc Specialist Int can be freely used according to the following conditions under the Creative Commons License:
- The person using Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int) Online may use, reproduce, disseminate, or display the open access version of content from this journal for non-commercial purposes.
- ANY USE of the open access version of this journal in whole or in part must include the customary bibliographic citation, including author and publisher attribution, date, article title, Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int), and the URL http://www.vsijournal.org/ and MUST include a copy of the copyright notice. If an original work is subsequently reproduced or disseminated not in its entirety but only in part or as a derivative work, this must be clearly indicated.
- For any commercial use of material from the open access version of the journal, permission MUST be obtained from Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int; E-mail: email@example.com).
- - Re-use by a non-author/third party/other publisher of parts of or all of an article or articles in another publication (journal or book) to be sold for commercial purposes.
- - The proactive supply of multiple print or electronic copies of items taken from the Journal to third parties on a systematic basis for marketing purposes.
- - Re-use by an author of parts of or all of an article in other publications from commercial organizations.
Open Access Policy
Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int) is an open access journal. Every paper published in Vasc Specialist Int is freely available via our website (http://www.vsijournal.org/). Articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. To use the tables or figures of Vasc Specialist Int in other periodicals, books or media for scholarly or educational, the process of permission request to the publisher of Vasc Specialist Int is not necessary. This is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative definition of open access. It also follows the open access policy of PubMed Central at United States National Library of Medicine (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/). All contents of the journal are available in PMC after a 1-month delay (embargo).
Full text of Vascular Specialist International (Vasc Specialist Int) has been archived in PubMed Central (PMC) from the 1st volume, 2014. According to the deposit policy (self-archiving policy) of Sherpa/ Romeo (http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/), authors cannot archive pre-print (i.e. pre-refereeing), but they can archive post-print (i.e. final draft post-refereeing). Authors can archive publisher's version/PDF. Vasc Specialist Int provides the electronic backup and preservation of access to the journal content in the event the journal is no longer published by archiving in PubMed Central.
Editorial Office Contact Information
Vascular Specialist International
Rm 7714, 7th floor, 2-dong Bldg, 82 Gumi-ro 173 beon-gil, Bundang-gu, Seongnam (13620), Korea
Tel: +82-10-8717-2752, Fax: +82-2-6455-3770
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.vsijournal.org
Seung-Kee Min, M.D., Ph.D.
Rm 5313, Biomedical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, 101 Daehak-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03080, Korea
Tel: +82-2-2072-0297, Fax: +82-2-766-3975
Recent Hot Keywords in VSI
What is Most Keyword?
- It is most registrated keyword in articles at this journal during for 2 years.
Most Popular Articles
Review | 2015-10-01Review | 2014-12-30
Original Article | 2020-09-30
Original Article | 2020-09-30